About OBUC’s Property
Oak Bay United Church has stood at the corner of Mitchell and Granite streets since 1914. In 1997 the sanctuary was closed to the public for safety reasons and after seventeen years, renovations and seismic up grading were completed. It reopened in 2010 beyond its former glory. Now, even more than a cherished sacred space, it is also a state of the art performance, lecture and conference facility.
There are five structures on the 56,000 sq ft property.