Over the past year (see timeline here), OBUC has engaged in thoughtful and transparent consultation with near neighbours and the Oak Bay community. This consultation included:
- four workshops with near neighbours (95 attendees)
- one workshop with Congregation members (57 attendees)
- two small group working sessions with near neighbours (64 attendees)
- six coffee chats (39 attendees)
- three open houses (222 attendees)
- online open house (with mechanisms for input)
- phone survey (approx. 600 respondents)
We listened, documented input and incorporated community feedback into the design. As a result, our concept and approach to the project shifted, including changes in the overall concept, building design, as well as addressing green space, traffic and privacy considerations.
Read Open House and phone survey results here. Review what was heard and action taken below.